Brighton College, one of the UK’s leading independent schools, is proud to announce a new paid internship scheme in June 2021 for undergraduates, post-graduates and recent graduates who wish to explore teaching.
Ten talented individuals will be selected for the ‘Explore Teaching’ internship: five students from Black, Asian and mixed heritage backgrounds and five women who might teach STEM subjects. This is a unique opportunity which will provide valuable experience and insights for people considering teaching and educational work in any sector in the future.
- The internship will offer interns a range of opportunities, including:
- Experience of delivering parts of lessons under the guidance of our teachers;
- Experience of delivering pastoral care through boarding houses and/or tutor groups;
- Experience of assisting in the delivery of educational trips and visits;
- Information about different routes into the teaching profession and career prospects;
- Training on teaching methods;
- Social and networking opportunities with peers and colleagues (interns, other unqualified teachers, experienced teachers and members of the Senior Management Team).
An alumni network of interns will be created so that members can benefit from the connections forged, and so that they may continue to enrich the life of the College. Internship alumni will be alerted to teaching opportunities that arise at Brighton College and will always be invited to interview.
Brighton College is known for being innovative and forward-thinking. Teachers here are provided with the space to inspire children, encourage high ambitions, and instil the deeply-held values of the College. We are looking forward to showing our first cohort of interns everything that the College and teaching profession more broadly have to offer.
For full details of the role and to apply, please go to https://www.brightoncollege.org.uk/internship